- Clean the surface thoroughly to remove any dirt, etc. Ensure that the surface to be bonded is clean and dry.
- Buff the splice joints/surface of membrane that needs to be bonded – Very important.
- To apply Polygomma™ BA, pour the adhesive on the membrane/substrate and then spread with the use of a rubber blade/wiper, to ensure
maximum coverage. Make sure that Polygomma™ BA is applied evenly on the entire area of both the surfaces (membrane and substrate) and
allow it to dry for 5-10 minutes.
- Polygomma™ BA can be applied on overlap joints using a brush.
- Join both the surfaces and press well to get a strong and perfect bond.
- Keep a roller handy and move it over the freshly bonded surface, to ensure that there are no bubbles or trapped air.
- It is recommended to keep some weight on the bonded surface to get best results. Make sure that the weight does not damage the membrane.
- Heat of 60 °C (for few seconds) on bonded surface by Hot air will enhance bond strength to great extent.
- Please note that the maximum bond strength will occur after 24-48 hours, once the Polygomma™ BA is completely cured. The time taken
depends on the porosity of the surface.
|Characteristics (When Packed) Range
||Rubber Contact Adhesive
||2000-2200 cps (Brookfield Viscometer No 3@20 rpm)
||12 months from date of manufacturing
||Keep away from heat and flame
12 months from date of manufacturing, if stored properly.
- Stir well before use
- The lid of the container must be closed tightly and should be stored in a covered shed, away from direct sunlight.
- Apply and use in dry conditions.
- The Polygomma™ Bonding Adhesive (BA) should always be applied on an area of the EPDM membrane which is buffed.
- Caution: The Polygomma™ BA is hydroscopic and flammable. Please take the necessary precautions during transportation, storage and use.
** The indicated coverage is an approximate for 2 coats (1 on the membrane and 1 on the substrate) of the bonding adhesive. This may change from site to site depending on the quality of the substrate and the applicator/contractor.
Click Here to inquire with us about our Splice Tape.
Click Here For Our Disclaimer Clause